Selecting best water purifier for the family can be a difficult decision and it becomes more complex when we don’t have sufficient knowledge. I faced the same problem while selecting best water purifier for my home, after searching a lot on the internet finally decided to purchase RO Water Purifier. Today I am going to share some points that might help you purchasing water purifier. In this post, I will tell you about different technologies which will be best for your locality because water purifier is totally dependent upon water supply of your region.
#1 Aquaguard Geneus RO + UV +UF 7L Water Purifier
This is the best water purifier because you don’t need to worry about the supply of water at your home. It automatically detects hardness of water level and applies the best technique to provide purified water. Geneus is a Universal water purifier which can purify any source of water containing high or low TDS levels. As the name says GENEUS, this purifier is geneus in its purification technology it senses the water supply and then use either RO + UV/UF + UV combination to purify water. Geneus also comes with various other smart features like intel e-boiling, taste enhancer, Electronic life membrane enhancer. Some features make this machine stand out from the crowd and makes it best-selling product.
- Recommended for municipal water supply, borewell or tanker, this purifier senses the quality of water and chooses the purification technology to purify.
- Taste guard technology ensure water is tasty and it should not remove some minerals important for the body, unlike other RO purifiers which remove most minerals and make water bad in taste.
- Purification technologies senses the quality of water and choose the optimum purification technology either RO + UV/UF + UV to purify water. The RO technology membrane removes excess TDS, blocks dissolved impurities and chemical contaminants while UV technology ensures water is free from germs, viruses, bacteria. The UF technology is a capillary tube based technology that gives you pure and crystal clear water.
- Intelligent e-boiling ensure water is safe and boiled over 20 minutes.
- Electronic membrane life enhancer prevents the accumulation of dissolved salts like calcium and magnesium on the membrane and enhances the service life of the membrane and improves water flow.
- Maintenance warning gives warning when membrane needs to be replaced and servicing is required.
- Reserve mode so a consumer can extend the life of membranes up to 20 working hours.
- LED Display gives information about the water level in the tank, filter life status, fault indicator and water taste indicator. MRP. 22,990
|Purification Method||RO + UV + UF|
|Filtration Capacity||15 L/hr|
|Input water TDS Levels||1 – 2000 (mg/l) ppm|
|Installation||Table Top, Wall Mount|
|Indicators||LED Display, Water Level Sensor|
|Power Requirement||230 V AC, 50 Hz, 45W|
|Net Weight||11.8 kg|
|Extra Features||I-cartridge, Chemical Block, EMLE (Electronic Membrane Life Enhancer), RO Membrane, UF Cartridge, Post Active Silver Carbon Cartridge, UV Treatment, TDS Reduction: 90% in RO Mode, Percentage of Water Recovery: 25% in RO Mode, Life of UV Lamp: 5000 Burning Hours, RO Membrane: 75 GPD, Storage Tank, Booster Pump Voltage 24V DC|
With all these features and smart technology, this is a good product to purchase in the market. It also looks good in design. Aquaguard is a reputed brand name in water purifiers because of good services and better customer relations. People have given positive reviews about this product regarding best performance and reliable after sales support.
Lowest Price Online Rs. 19,999
#2 Kent Grand Plus RO + UV 8L Water Purifier
If you are looking for RO + UV water purifier this purifier from kent can be your best choice. If water supply have high TDS level then going for RO purifier is a good option but it is seen hard water also contain bacteria and disease causing germs. I would suggest combining the power of RO technology with UV (ultra-violet) technology which kills all disease-causing germs, bacteria and viruses from water and gives pure healthy drinking water.
Kent Purifier is a naked design which comes handy while cleaning and servicing. Don’t worry about water supply from an overhead tank, bore-well, municipal corporation kent will do its job of giving clean, pure and tasty water. It’s TDS meter will maintain essential minerals like calcium and potassium in water which might be removed during RO process.
Recommended for Hard water containing TDS above 500ppm or water supply is from an overhead tank, a bore-well, or from the municipal corporation.
- Triple protection RO + UV + TDS Regulator this technology ensure water is filtered by RO so Hardness of water is removed along with UV killing all germs of water and finally TDS to enhance the taste of water by adding important minerals.
- Fully automatic & computer controlled operations kent has auto on & off switch which automatically detects when water is needed. It also tells about when UV lamp and RO membranes need maintenance so you don’t need to maintain service schedule.
- Ease of use The Kent Grand Plus water purifier with a transparent cover is especially easy to use and clean. Apart from having the ability to purify up to 15L of water per hour, the Kent Grand also uses high quality, food grade, non-breakable, transparent ABS Plastic body, which makes it easy to see the water and the mechanics inside, as well as ensure its safety. MRP online 13,999
|Purification Method||RO + UV Water Purifier|
|Filtration Capacity||15L/ hour|
|Power Requirement||60 watts|
|Extra features||High quality, food grade, non-breakable, transparent ABS quality plastic body, auto on & off, Alert alarm|
This Kent purifier is good for home use and it is also in the budget as well. Many people are complaining about Kent services in some areas especially south India, kindly look brand services in your area because purifier needs service every 3 months to change filters. One of my friends use this purifier and it still works best for him.
Right now selling for Rs. 16,400 online.
#3 Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier
The Livpure Pep Plus Water Purifier’s exquisite and smooth design coordinates your present day lifestyle and includes, even more, magnificence to it. It incorporates 6 phases of purification i.e., antiscalant cartridge, residue filter, pre-carbon piece, RO layer, post carbon and UV sanitization section.
The water goes through its silt filter that evaluates fine and coarse particles and polluting influences from the water. The pre-carbon square ingests chlorine and natural pollutions like unsafe pesticides from water. It also absorbs awful taste and scent bringing on natural compounds from the water.
The antiscalant filter chelates hardness from water to prevent scaling on the film. It brings about enhanced purification capacity and life of the film. The post carbon filter deals with the last phase of purification; it has silver impregnated in it which makes water more delicious and perfectly clear.
If your budget is tight and you want good water purifier with service & support then Livepure pep plus could be your best RO water purifier in India under Rs. 10000 for home use. But this should only be used for ppm under 1500 above this it is not good.
Pros and cons
- Elegant and sleek design
- 6-stage advanced purification system
- Works up to 1500 TDS level
- Sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter cum absorber, RO membrane, UV disinfection column, silver impregnated post carbon filter and mineral cartridge
- After sale service is below average.
#4 Aquaguard Enhance RO 7L Water Purifier
RO water purifier converts Hard water into soft water which means they remove Impure salts that are harmful to the body. If you are living in the area where water is salty or blakish then you should consider installing an RO water purifier. This purifier saves 30% more water during purification and reduces production of wastewater because normal RO technique removes impure water in the form of waste water.
This water purifier eliminates tough, new age contaminants like lead, pesticides and heavy metals from water. It ensures that water is free from disease-causing bacteria, virus, and protozoa. Enhance RO comes with a 7-litre inbuilt storage tank, thereby, ensuring purified water on tap all the time. This Aquaguard purifier looks good in design and its body is made of hard plastic overall it gives a nice and clean look in the kitchen.
- Recommended for Salty / Khaara / Brackish Water.
- Best for high TDS water its advanced RO membrane technology removes excess TDS and blocks impurities and chemical contaminants dissolved in water giving you sweet tasting water.
- Advanced Mineral guard technology removes dangerous new age contaminants like lead, pesticides while retaining essential natural minerals in water, that other RO purifiers deplete.
- Electronic Membrane life enhancer which removes dissolved salts like calcium and magnesium on the membrane and increases the life of purifier.
- saves wastage of more than 30% water.
|Purification Method||RO for high TDS water|
|Filtration Capacity||12 litre/minute|
|Installation||Table Top, Wall Mount|
|Power Requirement||230 V AC, 50 Hz, 40W|
|Input TDS Range||500 – 1500 mg/L(ppm)|
|Net Weight, Dimension||8.2Kg, 316 x 251 x 462 mm|
|Extra Features||Enhance water taste, leak-proof performance, retain essential mineral in water|
This is a good product from a trusted brand Eureka Forbes and it is best suited for high TDS water, a low-cost maintenance product as membranes are made to work longer. Aquaguard looks good in design so it improves status and feel of the kitchen. People at online stores love this product because of the quality of Purified water and after sales service provided by the company.
Current price is around Rs. 9,999 online.
#5 Pureit Classic 14 L Gravity Water Purifier
Pureit is a product from renowned company Hindustan Unilever it’s been there in the market for a very long time. I have personally used this product in past when our supply was from treated source having low TDS level and it provides clean and pure water without changing the taste of water. These gravity based water purifier can be a choice if your source contains soft water.
These purifiers are best for areas receiving frequent power cut or areas having no electricity because these purifiers do not require electricity for cleaning water. Pureit claims to kill 1 crore viruses in 1 liter of water, its body is made up of food safe non-toxic plastic and provide clean stored water.
- Recommended for soft water supply containing low TDS and water coming from already treated sources like dam water or treated river water supply.
- Removes 1 crore viruses from 1 liter of water.
- Auto Shut off when germ kill kit is exhausted and turns indicator red.
- Easy to use- it can be easily installed in kitchen and filters can be easily replaced by an individual. do not require electricity to clean water and filters are of low cost so maintenance is easy.
|Purification Method||Gravity Based|
|Power Requirement||No electricity required|
|Storage||Total capacity 14L, Store 5L|
|Net Weight, Dimension||2.4Kg, 247 x 491 x 253 mm|
|Extra Features||Food Safe, Non-Toxic, Engineering Plastic, Auto shut off|
HUL Pureit classic can be best water purifier for those have tight budget or electricity is a major problem. I have personally used this product earlier and results were good, filters could be easily changed after sales service was also good, the cost of filters is also cheap so it won’t burden your pocket. Purifier gives clean and pure water without changing the taste of water. Pureit can be purchased from the market at a price around Rs. 1600 and there are lots of offer online stores.
Top 10 Water Purifier Comparison Table
A comparison table of most selling and highest rated water purifiers present at online stores. Check details and find best one for you.
Hope this post might help you make a better decision in selecting best water purifier, share your comments below or ask questions I would be happy to help you. Will come up with some more interesting post related to water purifiers. I shared most of the necessary things you should know before purchasing water purifier. You can purchase from online stores easily because they offer the same warranty as you would get from a local store at higher discounted price. After sales service will be covered by the company so you don’t need to worry about warranty because it will be same.
Table of Contents
- Best Water Purifier Buying Guide
- Top 5 Best Water Purifier Reviews
- #1 Aquaguard Geneus RO + UV +UF 7L Water Purifier
- #2 Kent Grand Plus RO + UV 8L Water Purifier
- #3 Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier
- #4 Aquaguard Enhance RO 7L Water Purifier
- #5 Pureit Classic 14 L Gravity Water Purifier
- Top 10 Water Purifier Comparison Table
- Final Words