Health is most important part of one’s life because a healthy person can work and look out his family well. Water cannot be neglected in this sense, most of the health problems start from drinking impure water. That’s why a water purifier should be installed in the home. Pure water keeps you and your family members away from diseases and medicines which cost lots of extra unexpected bills every year.
There are different companies offering various types of water purifier ranging from Rs. 1000 – 25000. But selecting best water purifier for home becomes difficult if we don’t know about impurities present in water and what kind of impurities a water purifier removes.
Top 10 Water Purifier Comparison Table
7 Quick tips to select best water purifier in India
People shop online and purchase low-cost water purifiers and later suffer for making a wrong decision.There are different types of purifiers which work best with different water supply. Learn a little more about water purifiers before making any purchase. Here are some points to keep in mind before selecting best water purifier for home use. Hope these features will help you make a better choice.
If you are living in metro cities then even air is not good to breathe. Toxic levels of air are raised much higher and it is advisable to install an air purifier in the home so you breathe fresh air and add more days to your life.
1. Types of purifier present in the market
There are many water purifiers present in the market working on different types of technologies. The purification process is totally based on impurities present in water. There are different kinds of impurities like viruses, bacteria, dissolved salts, Heavy metals and other thousands of harmful impurities.
- Gravity based water purifiers : These purifiers are low cost can range from Rs. 1000 – 5000. Gravity based water purifiers do not require electricity to clean water and they can clean muddy water. If TDS level is not high gravity based water purifier can be used. But are not effective as RO water purifiers because they cannot remove all kind of dissolved impurities from water.
- RO (Reverse Osmosis ) water purifiers : These are most effective water purifiers because they can remove all kind of heavy metals, dissolved salts and Toxic chemicals from water. RO purifiers cannot remove viruses and bacteria causing water borne diseases. They also require electricity to purify water. But they are widely used by people because in most parts of India water is supplied by Municipality which is already treated from viruses. RO purifiers are little costly around Rs. 5000-13000 in the market. You might like to read what is RO water purifier.
- UV (Ultra-violet) water purifiers : UV purifiers are best in killing all kind of germs, viruses, and microorganisms. Electricity is needed to clean water. But they cannot remove dissolved salts from the water. Also read what is UV water purifier.
- RO-UV water : RO-UV water purifier is a combination of both technologies RO and UV to give 100% purified water. These kinds of purifiers require electricity to clean water. Purchasing cost is little higher for RO-UV purifiers but they are designed to clean any kind of water.
Also, Read What is UF water purifier.
2. Electric or Non-Electric Water purifier
Electric purifiers are considered to give 100% clean and purified water. But electric purifiers need electricity all the time to filter water. Cost is also high but they are sure to give purified water all the time. Generally, RO, UV, RO-UV-UF, and RO-UV are considered electric water purifiers. If you are living in a place where electricity is a problem then non-electric water purifiers are best.
Non-Electric water purifiers are simple and easy to use they can remove most of germs and impurities from water but are not effective as electric water purifiers. These purifiers are easy to maintain and also the cost is less compared to electric water purifiers. There are portable non-electric purifiers as well which helps during natural calamities and during a journey when you are out of your home.
Water purifiers generally have a container to save purified water so clean water is available all the time. Larger capacity is good for a large no. of family members. If there are 3-4 family members then 6-7 litre of water storage is sufficient because water keeps on filtering in the storage tank as soon some water is taken.
Generally, purifiers storage can range from 4 – 25 litres higher storage means higher price. So don’t go for higher storage just look for how many family members are present in the family.
You should check maintenance cost before purchasing water purifier because maintenance is required after every 3-4 months. So maintenance cost should not be high otherwise, you will be paying a lot of money for maintenance. You can easily check online stores about maintenance cost in the reviews section.
5. After sales service
Mostly people are complaining about bad after sales support from the company which makes difficult to get your purifier serviced. Select a good company which provides better after sales support so you don’t get into trouble. There are some good brands who care about their customers and full support.
Some of the best brands-
- Eureka Forbes
- Tata Swatch
- Hindustan Unilever Pureit
6. Customer Reviews and Ratings
If you are planning to purchase purifier then first check its rating and reviews of real customers at online stores. You can check amazon, Flipkart, and other stores. These customers are saying a lot about the product because they have personally tried these products.
Don’t read too many reviews and confuse yourself because every product has some flaws. So just read problem which is reported again and again by customers. You can select a purifier which has a higher rating. An average rating of 4 is considered good.
7. Warranty and Installation
Check out for warranty before you select water purifier. Generally, all purifiers come with 1 year of warranty. Installation is free of cost provided by major companies. But some small companies charge an extra price for installation. Sometimes RO purifiers need an extra pump if sufficient pressure is not present in the water supply.
10 Best water purifier in India Reviews
This list is a result of 10 months of efforts in getting suggestions from people and the products they choose so you can trust my list for top 10 best water purifiers in India.
Here is a list of purifiers from different sections like RO, Gravity based and RO-UV water purifiers. With above mentioned 7 quick points to select purifiers I hope, you will find purifier best for you. Check out my list of 10 best water purifiers.
#1 HUL Pureit Ultima RO + UV Water Purifier
One of the Best in class water purifier available in the market today. It gives 100% purified water passed through RO and UV filters. Its black design and blue Led looks great in the kitchen. Pureit kills 10 million viruses in 1 litre of water. Large storage capacity of 10L is enough for the family of 4-5 members. Pureit ultima has 6 stages of the purification process. Read HUL Pureit Ultima RO-UV Full Review.
Technology : RO + UV
Capacity : 10 Litres
Dimension : 11 x 332 x 23 mm
Market Price Rs. 21,999 | Amazon Rs. 18,099 | Flipkart Rs. 19,990
#2 Kent Ultra UV Water Purifier
Kent Ultra is one of best in budget UV water purifier. It’s 3 stages of purification technology kill all kind of germs present in water. It is WQA certified. A built-in UV alarm tells when UV rods needs replacement. Kent Ultra is highly purchased UV water purifier online. Check out Kent Grand Plus Review.
Technology : UV (Ultra-violet)
Dimension : L 395 W 136 H 340 (mm)
Market Price Rs. 7,650 | Amazon Rs. 4,999 | Flipkart Rs. 4,999
#3 Aquaguard Reviva RO Water Purifier
Aquaguard Reviva blocks all kind of dissolved minerals present in water. It removes harmful bacteria and pesticides from water. Recommended for salty, Khara and blackish water. If you live are looking for simple RO purifier this can be your choice. Large 8 Litres of storage is sufficient to provide water during electric faults. Built-in voltage stabilizer helps to maintain voltage fluctuations. Booster pump helps to increase water pressure in RO membranes so you don’t require extra pressure pump. Unique E-boiling+ gives purified water which is boiled for 20 minutes. Check Aquaguard Enhance RO-UV Review 7 litre water purifier.
Technology : RO
Storage : 8 Litres
Dimensions : 27.5 x 32 x 41 cm
Market Price Rs. 14,990 | Amazon Rs. 11,250 | Flipkart Rs. 11,217
# 4 HUL Pureit Classic Gravity Based Water purifier
Pureit classic is one of the oldest and trusted gravity based water purifier. Performance is good and it cleans muddy water. Pureit can remove 1 crore viruses in 1 litre of water. It has nonbreakable food grade plastic, sleek design makes it easy to fit in your home. It has a total storage of 14 Litre out of which 5 Litre of purified water is stored in the container. Germ kill kit indicator tells when replacement is required and it doesn’t filter water when germ kill kit expires. So you don’t get impure water anytime. Easy to operate and light in weight makes it a nice water purifier.
Technology : Gravity Water purifier
Storage : 14 Litres
Dimensions : 247 x 491 x 253 mm
Market Price Rs. 1,600 | Amazon Rs. 1,550 | Flipkart Rs. 1,575
# 5 Kent Ace Mineral RO + UV + UF Water Purifier
Kent ace mineral uses RO-UV-UF purification technology to clean water from all kind of germs and dissolved impurities. It can clean any kind of water, bore-wells, overhead storage tanks, water tankers or tap water. TDS controller maintains essential minerals in the water. Taste Enhancer adds extra minerals and gives pure tasty drinking water. If you are confused with water supply at your home or looking to shift in near future, then Kent Ace can be a good choice. Kent ace is easy to use and also don’t require too much maintenance.
Technology : RO + UV + UF
Storage : 7 Litres
Dimensions : 41 x 29 x 59 cm
Market Price Rs. 18,000 | Amazon Rs. 12,799 | Flipkart Rs. 13,999
#6 Tata Swach Viva Silver UV + UF 6 L Water Purifier
If you or your family members are regularly falling sick you should consider installing a UV water purifier at your home because water contains many harmful bacteria and viruses which make human body weak causing water borne diseases like typhoid, cholera, dysentery etc. This purifier from tata looks good in design and also has a tough body it will make your kitchen shine.
Tata swach viva is fitted with UV and UF filters which have 4 purification stages to clean water from viruses and several other harmful dissolved salts in water. It has a 6 liters zero contaminant tank and the only purifier with a storage tank in the category. The silver action inside with silver impregnation imparts longer life to the cartridge. The advanced indicators provide you with intelligent information and inform the status and the health of the system.
- Recommended for soft water having TDS level below 300ppm and if the water supply is coming from nearby lakes, rivers, water harvesting supplied by the municipality.
- 4 Stages of Purification Viva Silver purifier has 4 purification stages and filters water using UV and UF technology to provide clean and pure water.
- Easy to use and maintain it has zero contamination tank which saves the problem of cleaning tank. Front panel opening for easy service and voltage spike guard. It also has UV fault indicator and auto switch off to kill water supply.
4 Purification stages with UV + UF
|Purification Method||UV + UF|
|Net Weight, Dimension||6.5Kg, 240 x 440 x 392 mm|
|Extra Features||Advanced Indication Panel Provides Intelligent Information, UV Fault Indication, zero contamination storage tank, Inlet Water Switch Off Mechanism, Silver Action Inside for Longer Cartridge Life, Front Panel Opening for Easy Service|
Swach is a nice product from Tata which makes water free from germs and viruses they have used good filters especially silver technology used because silver is recommended for UV purification method. Customer service is also good as said by many customers at online shopping sites.Tata Swach can be your best water purifier because it is low cost and has a low maintenance cost. It is easy to maintain and services cost is also very low which makes it a good product to purchase.
Amazon offering it at low-cost Rs. 6,500
#7 Kent Gold Optima 10-Litre Gravity Based Water Purifier
Pros and cons
- Purification by hollow fiber ultra filtration membrane
- Use of nano-silver carbon for better disinfection of water
- Long life membrane expected to last upto 4000 Litre
- Transparent tank made of unbreakable ABS food-grade plastic
- Filter’s cylinder gets blocked and you have to clean it by injection water forcefully against its direction of flow.
#8 Eureka Forbes Aquasure Aquaflo DX UV Water Purifier
Are you are falling sick frequently? Not certain why? We know the reason. It’s you’re drinking water. So it’s an opportunity you discarded that old water purifier of yours and change to this Eureka Forbes Aquasure Aqua-Flo water purifier. Introduce this utilitarian purifier and say bye to unhygienic water and with that to a few diseases. This water purifier accompanies 3 purification stages with UV innovation which permits the water to go through a high-review glass. The UV beams execute the germs, microbes, and infections and furnish you with spotless and safe drinking water. This electrical water purifier accompanies a residue sift which filters through salt, sand and furthermore the terrible scent from the water.
|Model||Forbes Trendy Steel|
Pros and cons
- In-built voltage stabilizer
- Hi flo delivers 2 Litre in a minute
- Capacity: 3300 Litre
- Dual cartridge
- Buzzer indication
- Error indication
- This cannot suck water and liquids.
#9 Eureka Forbes Aquasure Amrit 20-Litre Water Purifier
The Aquasure Amrit does not have to boil, running water nor power as a major aspect of the purification procedure. Basically, fill the water purifier with general faucet water and the Aquasure Amrit will do the rest. The water purifier screens purification prepare and step by step turn off after it fills to the top. The capacity is 20 liters.
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure Amrit is a tried and true water purifier with Kitanu Magnet to shield against water-borne sicknesses. It utilizes the most recent purification technology, intended to keep your water spotless and healthy. If you are searching for a decent water purifier, then investigate the Eureka Forbes Amrit Storage Aquasure water purifier. It has a shrewd design and is supported by the most recent innovation and development and aids in securing your family’s well-being against any water infections. This proficient water purifier from the place of Eureka Forbes accompanies a guarantee of one year and is effortlessly accessible at an ostensible cost.
Pros and cons
- Positive charge technology with 100 percent chemical free purification
- Monitors purification and gradually shuts off when the useful life is over
- 20 Litre double storage capacity
- Removes all disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Service is below average.
#10 Kent Maxx 7-Litre UV Water Purifier
This water purifier evacuates dead microorganisms, pimples, and infections from the water by giving the water a chance to go through a Hollow Fiber UF Membrane with fine pores. This result in 100% safe drinking water which is perfect for utilization. The Kent Maxx water purifier has been thoroughly tried for its quality and execution by the WQA (Water Quality Association) in the USA. It has been given a Gold Seal certification which demonstrates that the purifier agrees to all the testing models of the WQA. This water purifier is appropriate for utilize where the filtered water has low TDS (Total Dissolved Solids). The Kent Maxx water purifier utilizes UF and UV advancements which don’t evacuate dissolved contaminations.
Pros and cons
- Fully automatic UV purifier with storage tank
- Double purification by UV and UF removes even dead bacteria from purified water
- Suitable for low TDS water
- Computer controlled operation with filter change alarm and UV fail alarm
- Push fit components for leak proof performance
- LED indicator for power and purification display
- TDS can’t be controlled
Different Types of Water Purifier RO-UV-UF
There are different kinds of water purifiers present in the market. You should know exactly what kind of purifier is good for you. This video will explain you about a different kind of water purification technology, their advantages, and disadvantages. Check out this video to know more about water purifiers. Read about different types of water purifier RO-UV-UF present in market pros and cons. Read more about water purifier on wikipedia.
If You are looking for water purifier for your home then you are worried about your health and I must suggest you should take a look at air purifiers in the market. In metro cities, it is very polluted air to breathe in even at home.
I hope above-mentioned points and details might help you find best water purifier. I tried to put my best efforts in selecting these five best water purifier for you or you can go to online stores like Flipkart and Amazon and purchase the Best water purifier for your home. Remember my 7 Quickstep guide which will help you make a better decision.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Water Purifier Comparison Table
- 7 Quick tips to select best water purifier in India
- 10 Best water purifier in India Reviews
- #1 HUL Pureit Ultima RO + UV Water Purifier
- #2 Kent Ultra UV Water Purifier
- #3 Aquaguard Reviva RO Water Purifier
- # 4 HUL Pureit Classic Gravity Based Water purifier
- # 5 Kent Ace Mineral RO + UV + UF Water Purifier
- #6 Tata Swach Viva Silver UV + UF 6 L Water Purifier
- #7 Kent Gold Optima 10-Litre Gravity Based Water Purifier
- #8 Eureka Forbes Aquasure Aquaflo DX UV Water Purifier
- #9 Eureka Forbes Aquasure Amrit 20-Litre Water Purifier Description:
- #10 Kent Maxx 7-Litre UV Water Purifier
- Different Types of Water Purifier RO-UV-UF